The Sheavocado - Ultra deep hair conditioning
Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash
Do not let the simplicity of this recipe fool you, this concoction will nourish your roots through and through!
Armed with the all moisturizing, healing, protective, nourishing, regenerative... As you can see, good for everything... shea butter by Sanoun. Your hair is sure to thank you after this treatment.
So what are you waiting for? Condition away!
What you will need:
- 1 very ripe avocado (medium or large)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsps Raw shea butter by Sanoun
- 2 tbsps Coconut oil
- 5-10 drops of favorite essential oil (We used lemongrass oil)
Chef it up
- Start by melting the shea butter in a double broiler/bain-marie on low/medium temperature
- Add the coconut oil and let it homogenize with the shea butter
- Remove the melted oil from the heat and let it cool down just a little bit (~2 mins at room temperature)
- In a glass bowl, crush avocado, add whole egg and mix well with a fork
- Add shea/coconut oil to the crushed avocado and mix well (a mixer would be most useful here)
- Add 5-10 drops of your favorite essential oil (or skip this step altogether)
Let your hair do the rest
- You will probably want to be in a bathroom at this point because it can get a little messy
- Part your hair in sections and apply generous amount of the sheavocado to all sections
- You can twist or braid your hair (Optional)
- Cover with plastic cap and let it bake for at least 30 mins
- Rinse you hair and proceed with your usual hair care routine
You will not want to stop running your hands through your buttery smooth hair, trust us.
*** Submit your own creation for a chance to be featured on Sanoun!